11th MAY - 2nd JUNE
If you're into walking and looking for something different to do whilst staying with us here at Pakefield Caravan Park then taking part in the Suffolk Walking Festival is just the thing for you!
There is an amazing array of walk and events lined up which will make you discover parts of Suffolk you never knew existed.
There are short walks; long walks; walks with a sheepdog; walks with a boat cruise; walks with a jeep ride; walks with owls and walks with night jars.
There will also be a night safari; wild crafting days; tales by the riverbank and art and photography workshops.
The annual challenge walk for 2019 follows the East Suffolk Line Walks, which covers 80 miles in 5 days between Lowestoft and Ipswich.
The Festival launches on Saturday 11th May at 10am at West Show Country Park - home to one of Britain's oldest settlements. There will be 2 launch walks on the day, one of which will explore the Anglo Saxon village whilst the other will venture on to the Icknield Way - Britain's oldest recorded road.
All walks will need to be pre-booked as it allows group sizes to be managed and ensures that everyone taking part has an enjoyable experience.
You can purchase tickets online via ticket source http://www.suffolkwalkingfestival.co.uk/ or you can purchase them from the Tourist Information centres at Bury St Edmunds, Ipswich and Sudbury.
Some of the walks you can do over the first few days are:
- Woodland Night Safari
- Launch Juant - Ancient Ways
- A Guided Walk Around Clare Castle Country Park
- Discover Kessingland
- Dawn Chorus - Sizewell Belts Nature Reserve
- Mindfulness in Nature
- Launch Juant - Unearthing the Past
- Walk 'n' Water Sudbury and Cornard Riverside
- Pepper's Wash
- Flower of East Suffolk Coastal Walk
- Walk in the Shadow of 490th Bomber Group Airmen
- Shore to Shore
- 25th Celebration of Outstanding Landscapes of Stour Valley Path - Walk 1, The Upper Stour
- Ipswich West to East
- Circular Walk from Clare including Houghton Hall and Poslingford
- Historic Wickham Market
- From Heath to Fen
- The Old Havehill Railway Track Walk
- Bluebell Walk from Suffolk Food Hall
- The Red Barn
- Walk and Workout for All
- Aldeburgh Strolling Mile
- Walk with a Shepherd and Sheepdog
- Poetry of Labyrinth
These are just some of the walks going on in the first few days. For more information or to find out what other walks are being done visit the Festival website http://www.suffolkwalkingfestival.co.uk/.
Some of these walks are not far from us here at Pakefield Caravan Park, making us the perfect base for your walking holiday! To check availability visit our website www.pakefieldpark.co.uk or call our office on 01502 561136.