Winter Drain down service is available to all our owners at Pakefield Caravan Park
Have you prepared your Holiday Home for Winter?
The park offers the service of a full drain down & reconnection of your Holiday Home for a small cost of £58.00 (All Holiday Homes should be drained down for winter).
Have you returned your request form?
The below is a general guide to other winter preparation you can take for your holiday home. Ideally you should follow all instructions in your owner’s handbook.
2. Switch off and unplug all electrical appliances.
3. Remove all food. Thoroughly vacuum all carpets and vinyl to remove any traces of food, and empty the vacuum cleaner.
4. Wipe all kitchen surfaces clean.
5. Check locks and hinges and lubricate if necessary.
6. Clear external gutters of any leaf matter of other debris.
7. Close and secure all windows ensuring curtains are not trapped and are hanging freely, leave curtains open so that any winter sun will help warm the interior.
8. It is advisable to place cushions and mattresses separately on end or on edge to allow free movement of air around them. Where cushions may be exposed to direct winter sunlight a dust sheet or similar cover will help protect against fading of the fabric.
9. To cut down on the condensation it helps to put bowls of salt or moisture traps around the caravan, as these will absorb the moisture in the air and help to stop damp building up.
10. Open all interior doors and drawers to allow free flow of air to all parts of the holiday home.
11. Finally secure all exterior doors.
Pakefield Caravan Park can be found on the outskirts of Lowestoft in the county of Suffolk also known as the Sunrise Coast.
Holiday Home Ownership is most popular here at Pakefield and with the new Cresta Sea View Development completed in March of this year, with its larger and more spacious pitches set around landscape gardens has been highly praised from owners and holiday guests alike if you would like more information visit our website www.pakefieldpark.co.uk or call our office on 01502 561136
The Park offers a very high standard of Holiday Homes for hire and 12 Touring Caravan & Motorhome pitches.