What is Geocaching?
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location. There are thousands of "Cachers" around the globe. There are millions of Caches to find. It is a fun, interesting hobby which you can enjoy wherever you are - at home or away. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. It can be enjoyed by all ages and all abilities, in groups or on your own. It doesn't, in it's simplest form, require any special equipment other than a GPS device, which most modern mobile phones have inbuilt nowadays.
How do I start?
1) Register for a free Basic Membership.
2) Visit the "Hide & Seek a Cache" page.
3) Enter your postal code and click "search."
4) Choose any geocache from the list and click on its name.
5) Enter the coordinates of the geocache into your GPS Device.
6) Use your GPS device to assist you in finding the hidden geocache.
7) Sign the logbook and return the geocache to its original location.
8) Share your geocaching stories and photos online.What are the rules of Geocaching?
1) If you take something from the geocache (or "cache"), leave something of equal or greater value.
2) Write about your find in the cache logbook.
3) Log your experience at www.geocaching.com.
What do I need to go Geocaching?
The only necessities are a GPS device or a GPS-enabled mobile phone so that you can navigate to the cache, and a Geocaching.com Membership.
If you would like to know how Geocaching started click on this link –
And for your very first cache experience, why not visit Garreg Goch Caravan Park - there is a Cache hidden very close by! Here is the link - http://coord.info/GC4390T