LET'S ALL GET RECYCLING
Here at Whitby Holiday Park we encourage all owners and customers to use our recycling bins on Park. We use low energy bulbs around the Park too!
If you don't quite know what to recycle or how to recycle then here are some handy hints and tips!:
- Most councils collect aerosol cans as part of the household collection scheme or they can be taken to recycling centres
- Ensure that your aerosol is completely empty before you decide to recycle it
- Do not pierce, crush or flatten the aerosol before recycling
Clothing and textiles
- Donate items to charity and re-use organisations, look on the high street for your local shop or fill the bags that come through the door
- Clothing and shoe banks are often in supermarket and local car parks
- Electrical items can be donated to some charity shops or furniture re-use organisations - many offer collection services
- Pass on items for free at places such as Freecycle
- Sell locally at car boot, nearly new and bring and buy sales
- Some items of furniture can be donated to a charity shop, a furniture re-use organisation or local community project
So if you have unwanted items or items you no longer use, wear or need then donate them or recycle them!